Mountain Trail Campers Escalade: Review
Marrying cutting edge engineering with a thoughtful design, the Escalade marks a new direction in Mountain Trail’s softfloor camper range.
The folks at Mountain Trail Campers have been very busy beavers over the past 18 months, employing a team of mechanical engineers to develop an all new, state-of-the-art hardfloor camper trailer using electronic design software and manufacturing techniques
Once they were satisfied with this hardfloor design — some $300,000 worth of trial and error later — they applied the same engineering DNA to the brand’s new softfloor camper, the Escalade.
Mountain Trail Campers Escalade Specs
- Tare 1250kg
- ATM 2000kg
- Suspension Nine leaf eye-to-eye
- Brakes 12in electric offroad
- Coupling Vehicle Components DO35
- Chassis 150x50x3mm laser cut
- C section hot dipped gal
- Drawbar 125x75x3mm RHS
- Body Galvanised plate, Zincanneal and aluminium sheet metal
- Wheel/tyre 16x8in steel wheels with 265/75/16 all-terrain tyres
- Style Softfloor
- Overall size 4950x1890mm
- Length (hitch to tail lights) 4950mm
- Tent size 2800x4200mm
- Gas cylinders Twin holders only
- Water 130L stainless steel
- Cooktop Three-burner gas
- Kitchen Rear slide-out fully stainless steel
- Fridge 80L Waeco
- Battery 2 x 105Ah AGM with Redarc management system
Hits & misses
- Machine-perfect build quality
- Combined toolbox/stoneguard
- Exceptional performance offroad
- Huge amount of secure storage
I would have liked...
- To disappear with it...
Read the full review on Camper Trailer Australia or check out the full feature in issue #83 December 2014 of Camper Trailer Australia magazine. Subscribe today for all the latest camper trailer news, reviews and travel inspiration.