Market Direct Campers Xtreme Terrain XT-10: Review
The Xtreme Terrain XT-10 offroad caravan is the latest model in Market Direct Campers’ extensive product arsenal.
The Xtreme Terrain XT-10 is part of MDC’s new Expedition series of offroad vans, and has reportedly been "field tested in the most extreme terrains Australia has to offer."
While MDC claims the XT-10 Expedition series is the latest and greatest thing to hit the market, I believe the company has some improvements to make before it really comes close. While the finish generally was adequate, attention to detail was lacking in many critical areas.
It certainly has potential, however, and with some revision from the manufacturer might eventually live up to the name "Expedition".
The specs you need to know:
- Tare: 1500kg
- ATM: 2250kg
- Suspension: Independent trailing arm with twin shocks
- Brakes: 12in electric
- Coupling: 3500kg-rated McHitch system
- Chassis: 150x50x3mm hot-dipped SupaGal
- Drawbar: 150x50x3mm hot-dipped SupaGal
- Body: Aluminium composite panels
- Wheel/tyre: 16in alloy wheels with 265/75 R16 tyres
- Style: Hybrid
- Length (hitch to tail-lights): 5400mm
- Width: 2000mm
- Height (roof closed): 2250mm
- Gas cylinders: 2 x 4kg
- Water: 170L
- Cooktop: Thetford four-burner
- Kitchen: Slide-out stainless steel
- Battery: 3 x 100Ah deep cycle AGM
Hits & Misses
- Internal and external shower
- Fold-down spare wheel carrier
I would’ve liked…
- Better build quality
- More attention to detail
- Better dustproofing
Read the full review on Camper Trailer Australia or check out the full feature in issue #83 December 2014 of Camper Trailer Australia magazine. Subscribe today for all the latest camper trailer news, reviews and travel inspiration.