Opus Ready to Roll: Review
There’s more than meets the eye in the new Opus Ready to Roll camper trailer.
The Ready to Roll is a semi-offroad camper trailer designed with light-to-moderate offroad trail driving in mind.
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
The extended 100x50mm drawbar’s length is a great compromise between manoeuvrability on tight tracks and overall handling. The extra length allows access to the back of your 4WD while the camper is hitched up, it aids manageable reversing and the jockey wheel is protected by the drawbar when the camper front makes contact with the ground.
Both of the main folding tops are strut assisted and operate on a pram-like basis. The two-piece design also means there’s less weight when flipping them over, so it could be a one person job if needs be.
There’s also a tone of ventilation, and some massive built-in skylights as well. Plus, an added storage cover, sun canopy and side skirts, 15in alloy wheels and a solid storage box on the drawbar make for a feature packed – a near self-sufficient – camper trailer.
HITS & MISSES
- Spacious and comfortable lounge area
- Plenty of head room
- Strong, galvanised chassis
- Well-balanced with low centre of gravity
I would have liked…
- Easier access to the front storage box when the tent support poles are erected
- A better departure angle
- A less fiddly set-up
- An external kitchen facility
OPUS READY TO ROLL SPECS
- Tare 900kg
- ATM 1450kg
- Suspension Seven leaf offroad suspension
- Brakes 10in electric brakes with offroad magnets
- Coupling Al-ko offroad 50mm ball coupling
- Chassis Galvanised
- Drawbar 100x50mm extended drawbar
- Wheel/tyre 15in alloy wheels with Dunlop all-terrain tyres
- Style Pop-out
- Box size 2000x700mm
- Length (hitch to tail lights) 4900mm
- Tent size 5750mm
- Gas cylinders 9kg
- Water 1x59L with 12V pump
- Cooktop Dual gas hob
- Kitchen Stainless steel internal
- Battery 1x110Ah
Price as Shown
The full test appears in CamperTrailer Australia #87 April 2015. Subscribe today for the latest caravan reviews and news every month!