JB Scorpion: Video Review
Much like its namesake, the JB Scorpion is tough, sturdy, gutsy, and clearly up for some rough and tumble action.
The offroad JB Scorpion is a tough, go-anywhere van with all the gear for year-round touring.
The Scorpion sits mid-range in JB’s caravan line-up which, given its extensive list of inclusions and high quality of finish, makes me eager to see what a top-range model has!
JB offers a huge amount of customisation to clients, so design and layout changes are welcomed and can usually be easily accommodated.
As tested, the 20ft van starts at $79,990 and, at this price, includes a huge list of features and is a very well-equipped offroad van, which should see you vanning in comfort absolutely anywhere in Australia.
- Strength of build
- A-frame protection (stoneguard)
- Internal décor
- Innovation of bilge blower
I would have liked…
- The optional external kitchen
- Comfier dinette cushions
JB Scorpion Specs
Weights and measures
- Overall length 8.27m (27ft 2in)
- External body length 6.1m (20ft)
- External body width 2.44m (8ft)
- Internal height 1.98m (6ft 6in)
- Travel height 3.05m (10ft)
- Tare 2558kg
- ATM 3158kg
- Ball weight 216kg
- Frame Meranti timber
- Cladding Aluminium
- Chassis 6in SupaGal (incl. 200mm extended drawbar)
- Suspension 3.7t Cruisemaster with dual shock absorbers per wheel
- Brakes 12in electric
- Wheels 16in alloys with 265/75R16 Cooper S/T tyres
- Water 3x95L
- Battery 2x120Ah AGM
- Solar 2x155W and 30A regulator
- Air-conditioner Aircommand Ibis
- Gas 2x9kg
- ESC Optional
- Cooking Swift 500 Series combo four-burner cooktop with grill and oven
- Fridge 175L Waeco RPD-175 12V compressor
- Microwave 20L
- Toilet Dometic cassette
- Shower Separate cubicle
- Lighting LED downlights
- Hot water Suburban gas/electric
- Bilge blower dust fan
Read the full review on Caravan World or check out the full feature in issue #534 February 2015 of Caravan World magazine. Subscribe today for all the latest caravan news, reviews and travel inspiration.