Concept Innovation 600DB: Review
There is no doubting the rough-road capabilities of the Concept Innovation 600DB.
The Innovation 600DB is a perfect illustration of Concept’s philosophy and desire to produce innovative caravans with spacious interiors and luxury features. And it also reflects Concept’s continual investment in the latest technology.
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
The Innovation 600DB walks the walk – from the high-wear vinyl with memory properties and the lightweight ply, to the cabinetry finished in a gloss laminate, with screws and CNC machine precision-cut furniture.
It rules in the convenience stakes with dual 95L water tanks, mains pressure inlet and waste water outlet, A-frame mains pressure tap, water gauge, a 12V pump, two 9kg gas cylinders with changeover regulator, battery pack including Smartcharger and battery, grab handles to each corner of the van, external fold-down picnic table, and lift-up under-bed storage.
All materials used are high grade for long-lasting towing and usability (ideal for families) – poplar plywood (not chipboard or MDF) cupboards, fully moulded shower, real leather, and quality touch LED lighting and charging system. And the slide-out footrests that extend the dinette seats (each with a weight rating of 130kg) come with upholstered cushions that are ideal for additional seating for the kids.
Concept also offers an extensive range of options to enable customisation, including: Al-Ko electronic stability control; independent suspension; 2in raiser and modified recessed coupling; Easyclean Perspex splashback; choice of flat panel doors or picture frame doors; Stylite gloss cupboard doors; 12V compressor fridge; Dometic 4605, two-door fridge; oven; solar power system; external speakers; water filter and tap; washing machine; extended A-frame and toolbox; Waeco reversing camera; external TV box and arm; bike rack fitted to rear wall; and an external gas outlet.
The exclusive ‘Silver Diamond’ cladding makes the van stand-out from the crowd and Concept utilises a high-strength double-ribbed aluminium that is more durable than traditional cladding. As an added bonus, I reckon the black checkerplate front and sides increase the wow factor!
I was also suitably impressed with the high quality double-glazed tinted windows that had user-friendly blinds and flyscreens. The windows push out and are sealed remarkably well, as the framework covers the external cladding substantially unlike recessed windows that may be prone to leaks.
Adding a further touch of class is the genuine leather upholstery inside, which is more than capable of handling the rough-and-tumble of a family in play mode.
HITS & MISSES
- Practicality and quality
- Versatile towing
- Competitive pricing
- No bathroom vanity
- Only two bunks
- No stoneguard
CONCEPT INNOVATION 600DB SPECS
Weights and measures
- Overall length 7.8m (25ft 7in)
- External body length 6.1m (20ft)
- External body width 2.32m (7ft 7in)
- Travel height 2.87m (9ft 5in)
- Internal height 2.01m (6ft 7in)
- Tare 2040kg
- ATM 2440kg
- Ball weight 186kg
- Frame Meranti
- Cladding ‘Silver Diamond’ aluminium
- Chassis Preston SupaGal
- Suspension Al-Ko roller-rocker
- Brakes 10in Al-Ko electric drum
- Wheels 15in 205R15 alloys
- Water 2x95L with galvanised sheet protection
- Battery 1x100Ah AGM deep-cycle including smart charger
- Solar Optional
- Air-conditioner Aircommand Ibis 3
- Gas 2x9kg
- Sway control Al-Ko ESC
- Cooking Swift four-burner mini grill
- Fridge AES Dometic two-door 184L
- Microwave Fixed with locking cradle
- Toilet Thetford swivel
- Shower Fully moulded fibreglass
- Lighting LED with dimming feature
- Hot water Gas/240V system
- Slide-out footrests; gloss cupboards; genuine leather upholstery; Perspex splashback; RM4605 AES two-door fridge/freezer 184L; lockable TV entertainment box including TV arm; 12V socket and 240V sockets; Fiamma bike rack; extended A-frame to allow for optional toolbox; 2in raiser on main member chassis rail; external speakers; Al-Ko ESC
Price as shown
- $63,970 (tow-away, incl. 12-month registration, Vic)
The full test appears in Caravan World #543 November 2015. Subscribe today for the latest caravan reviews and news every month!